Attention Mac Internet Explorer User:
Please Upgrade Your Browser
Internet Explorer for Mac is no longer supported by Microsoft or Apple. All support for this browser ceased in 2005. Microsoft recommends that Macintosh users upgrade to a modern browser such as Safari.
PTSA Parent EmailJun. 3
Current Rider Record
Rider Day Volunteers Needed
Here are two great volunteer opportunities to start off our 2013-14 school year! Both focus on critical activities to support students and families the day before school starts September 3, 2013 and both great ways to interact with staff, students and other families!
- Rider Day Co-Chair: On the morning of Sept. 3 all Roosevelt students come to campus to pick up class schedules, purchase ASB cards, get ID photos taken, pick up bus passes, etc. Your task will be to work with co-chair Sharon Rodgers and school staff to ensure volunteers are in place - usually we do two shifts). Requires 5-10 hours in August to recruit and assign 20-30 volunteers to pre-established stations and - ideally – be on-site the morning of Rider Day. (First Day packets handled separately, see next item.) Please contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rider Day First Day Packet Assistant: You will work with Pat Johnson and other volunteers to collate/stuff critical school information packets for families. Help set-up materials and provide oversight of parent and student packet-stuffers on Rider Day morning. If you can help lead this vital project please contact Pat at email@example.com. Or if you or your student can come help assemble packets, please let me know and save the date! (Note: This is an easy way for students to earn community service hours!)
PTSA Volunteer Coordinator needed for next year
After 2+ years it’s time for me to pass the baton to a new Volunteer Coordinator. As Coordinator you'll help support Roosevelt programs, by supplying event leads with volunteer lists from our online Volunteer Database. Minimal knowledge of Excel, good organizational skills, and the ability to send/answer email inquiries is all that's needed for this position. Most work can be done from your home computer on a flexible timeframe that suits your schedule. (Find more details on here.) I will provide a short training and file of reference samples. It would be great to identify a new Volunteer Coordinator before Sept. for a smooth transition. Like to volunteer and want to find out more? Please contact Pat Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013-14 Roosevelt HS PTSA Officers Elected
The following officers were elected at our May 15, 2013 General Meeting. Additional board positions are open and board members will be appointed later for the 2013-14 year. If you are interested in serving on the PTSA board, please contact us at email@example.com. (Please note that we are still looking for a co-president or president-elect)!
- President: Saroja Reddy
- President-Elect/Co-President: OPEN
- VP of Class Funds: Monica Mace
- Treasurer: Arian Colachis
- Secretary: Ann Henrie
New RHS Website - http://roosevelths.seattleschools.org/
The new RHS website platform, SchoolFusion, now hosts school and classroom news, similar to the “class pages” on the Source. Families can access this information by logging in to the new website in the top right of the page, using your Source username & password. (Read the login help page.)
The existing website (rhsseattle.org), you are currently viewing, will carry PTSA related content. All academic related content is now hosted on the new RHS (Fusion) website at:
Header: Architectural drawing of the new Roosevelt High School facility, courtesy of Bassetti Architects.
Indicates link to external website.